NSW Meals on Wheels has been involved in helping Not for Profits obtain effective insurance for more than 20 years.What started from a few Meals Services with difficulty obtaining insurance 25 years ago, has today grown to providing insurance to around 900 Not for Profits across Australia and more than $3 million in annual premiums.
We formed Community Underwriting in 2014 to take the CRISP Not for Profit insurance facility one step further – to become Australia’s only insurance provider for Not for Profits which is owned by its own clients. All CRISP Not for Profit insurance clients were insured by Calliden and managed by the Community Underwriting team in our initial arrangements, ensuring a seamless transition from the CRISP facility.
Community Underwriting acts under a binding authority as Agent for the following insurers to issue, vary and cancel policies on their behalf:
- Berkley Insurance Australia (ABN 53 126 559 706) for all new business and renewals of our General Liability, Association Liability and Event Cancellation Products.
Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company Limited (ABN 49 000 525 637) for all new business and renewals of our Industrial Special Risks, Business Package, Motor Vehicle and Voluntary Workers Personal Accident Products.
Prior to 30 May 2015 Community Underwriting acted as an agent on behalf of Calliden Insurance Limited (ABN 47 004 125). Please note that following the implementation of the Calliden members’ scheme of arrangement on 23 December 2014 with the Steadfast Group, Calliden Insurance Limited is now a wholly owned subsidiary of the Munich Re group of companies.
By joining together with other Not for Profits across Australia, we are making a real difference to the way Not for Profit insurance is provided in our sector.
||Click here to learn more about the insurance we offer Not for Profit and community organisations.
We work with brokers and their clients providing Not for Profit insurance, charity insurance and community insurance solutions. Working with Healthy Kids Association we have developed a competitive P&C Associations Insurance Package.
Some of the Not for Profit organisations that we insure include:
- Adult and Youth Accommodation Services
- Advocacy Groups
- Animal Welfare Organisations
- Arts and Crafts Groups
- Bible Worship and Church Groups
- Centre Based Services
- Chambers of Commerce
- Community Aid and Information Referral Services
- Community Education Programs
- Community Health Centres
- Community Houses
- Defense Force Organisations
- Disability Services
- Disability Support Groups
- Employment Placement Services
- Family Support and Counselling Services
- Financial Investment Groups
- Plus many more Not for Profit Insurance and Charity insurance clients
- Health and Welfare Bodies
- Home Help
- Home Modification and Maintenance Services
- Landcare & Nature Protection
- Meal Services
- Migrant Services
- Multi Service Outlets
- Neighbourhood Centres
- Neighbourhood and Community Aid organisations
- Past Student Associations
- P&C Associations
- Not For Profit Peak Bodies
- Resident Action Groups
- Respite Care
- School Auxiliaries
- School Canteens
- Senior Citizens Groups
- Tourist Information Centres
- Transport Services
- Veteran Affairs Groups
We also provide a range of resources for Not for Profits to better manage their risks and understand how insurance plays a role as a risk management tool:
Not for Profit What are my risks?
Managing Employment Practices Risk
Managing Fraud Risk
Managing the Risks Associated with Events
Risk Management vs Insurance
Our office is located at Unit 24 Waterview Wharf, 37 Nicholson St, Balmain East NSW 2041